Laddoo or laddu is an Indian confection made during festival season, by cooking together flour,sugar and other ingredients.Every year the ladies of a household would sit together to make these ladoos and other delicacies which stirs up a holiday mood and marks the sweet anticipation of a wonderful celebration ahead.
Here,I present to you a "no cooking" required recipe that can be put together in different ways, according to your taste and liking(I'm thinking almond,pistachio or peppermint center maybe?).Your tiny tots can help you too in the assembly process and later by munching on these yummy bites.
- unsweetened coconut flakes- 1 cup
- sweetened condensed milk-6 tbsp
- cardamom powder-1/4 tsp
- salt-1/8 tsp
- chocolate chips-1/4 cup
- In a large bowl bring all the ingredients together,other than the chocolate chips and mix well until a lump starts to form
- divide the mixture into two parts,one smaller than the other(about 1/3rd of the portion)
- melt the chips in microwave or using double boiler method
- add the melted chocolate to the smaller portion of the coconut mixture -this is your filling.
- you may have to add more condense milk according to the coconut flakes you are using
- roll the choco-coconut mixture into tiny balls for the center
- take a small amount of plain coconut mixture and flatten in between greased palms
- fill with the choco center and by applying little pressure roll into a ladoo,repeat for rest.
- coat with more dry coconut
- store in airtight container for 2 to 3 days or refrigerate upto a week.
Thank you for visiting !